Private lessons enhance group class experiences, encourage skaters to improve skills, achieve goals, and boost self-confidence.
Private Lesson Request Form
To arrange a private lesson:
- Please fill out the Private Lesson Request Form and submit it.
- The Skate School / Hockey Director will coordinate with the client to find a coach. After the first lesson, all scheduling will be done between the coach and the client.
- Private lessons are 30-minutes and available during our public sessions, coaches ice, or on the studio rink.
- All our coaches (Hockey/Figure Skating) have different teaching styles and techniques to suit your needs.
Our coaches set rates. It starts at:
- $45 and up for 30 minutes lesson (one skater)
- $60 and up for 30 minutes semi-private lesson (with two skaters)
- Admission to the ice and skate rental is extra.
- The coach’s payment is due at the time of the lesson.
- No more than two skaters are permitted in a lesson.
- Lessons Beginner- Free Style 1 are taught during public sessions, coaches ice, or on the studio rink with caution.
- Lessons for levels above Free Skate 1 are held during any freestyle session.
- Hockey Lesson taught during Stick n’ Puck or on the studio rink
- Warm clothing, helmets (bike or ski), high socks, and gloves/mittens are strongly recommended for all skaters.
- Hockey lessons must have their gear and skates.
- Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice for private lesson cancellations, or full price will be charged.
- Please know your coaches’ fees, scheduling, and cancelation policies.
- Lessons will not be extended due to lateness. Full price will be charged.
- City Ice Pavilion is not responsible for rescheduling lessons.
- All admissions to the rink are nonrefundable, with no credit or rescheduling.
Planning to change coaches?
If you would like to change your coach, please follow the following rules:
- Let your current coach know that you will be switching to another coach.
- Pay all outstanding balances in full.
- Once you contact a new coach, that coach must inform your previous instructor of the change.
- Do not speak poorly of your previous instructor to any parents or skaters.
- If you experience any unprofessional behavior, please immediately report it to the Skate School / Hockey Director.
For more information, please contact
(718) 706-6667 Ex. 8002
(718) 706-6667 Ex. 8003