SKATE SCHOOL at CITY ICE PAVILION
City Ice Pavilion’s Skating School will help you to achieve all of your skating goals!
Learn To Skate
Learn how to ice skate or develop skills within a 30-minute class. Levels include Snowplow Sam 1-4, Basic 1-6, Pre-Free Skate (formerly Basic 7-8), and Adult 1-6.
Bridge is a Free Skate 1-6 group lesson, designed to advance skaters’ skills in a fast-paced lesson environment. The first hour focuses on stretching and off-ice conditioning, while the second hour of concentrates on Move in the Field, jumps, and spins on the ice.
We also have holiday camps!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All participants must register/renew Learn to Skate USA membership before signing up for any classes. Participants without a valid Learn to Skate USA membership are not permitted on the ice.
- All participants must pay tuition in advance. We do not offer payment plans, refunds, or credits.
- Registration must be submitted by the deadline. There is a $15 late registration fee. We do not accept registration on the first day of class.
- Parents of skaters of any age are not permitted on the ice if they are not registered for a class.
- Make-up classes may be scheduled in the event of a medical emergency. The rink must be notiﬁed prior to the missed class and presented with a doctor’s note or proper documentation.
- There will be a maximum of 10 to 12 students per class. Consecutive levels may be combined if less than 3 students register per class. If less than 3 skaters are enrolled in a class, it may be canceled.
- City Ice Pavilion reserves the right to change or cancel the time or day of class.
- A parent or guardian of all skaters under 18 must be present in the rink during class time. City Ice Pavilion is not responsible for childcare in the absence of a guardian.
- A nametag is only valid when used by the person to whom it is registered. Any breach of this term will entitle City Ice Pavilion to demand the surrender and cancellation of the remaining classes with no refund issued.
- Names tags serve as your admission to class and must be worn to all classes. Be sure to bring your name tag to every class. There is a $5 fee for name tags that are lost or forgotten.
Learn to Skate USA is endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speedskating, and the Special Olympics.
For more information, please contact:
(718) 706-6667 Ex. 7005